We are very pleased to announce the implementation of “The World of Industrial Mathematics” – “Le Monde des Mathématiques Industrielles” (MOMI2020), a two-day workshop on Applied and Industrial Mathematics.
Following the model of the previous three successful editions (MOMI2017 ,MOMI2018 and MOMI2019), the goal of MOMI2020 is to allow young researchers to discover the link between the industrial world and applied mathematics and familiarize themselves with such approaches and related companies.
This year we have invited three very influential keynote speakers to talk about the “Multidisciplinary Applications of Graphs“:
- Prof. Michael Kerber, Professor at the Institute of Geometry in Graz University of Technology (Austria) ;
- Prof. Jean-Paul Comet, Full Professor of Bioinformatics at the University Côte d’Azur, a lecturer at the École d’ingénieur Polytech’Nice Sophia;
- Mr. Rémy Ozcan, CEO of TOZEX, co-founder of Crypto4All and a Blockchain Consultant for EU Regulation in the European Parliament.
We will also be welcoming a number of local industrialists and entrepreneurs that will present us their point of view and the mathematical problems that they deal with, and exchange directly with the students, discussing job opportunities. Finally, we will be hosting a poster session for which we encourage you to send an abstract.
MOMI2020 is a project supported and financed by:
- Mission Jeune chercheur (MJC) – Inria
- Agence pour les Mathématiques en Interaction avec l’Entreprise et la Société (AMIES).
- Ecole Doctorale STIC (ED-STIC)
- Digital Systems for Humans (DS4H)
- Oléa médical
- Fondation Natixis
The workshop will be taking place on March 09th and 10th, 2020, at the Inria Sophia Antipolis-Mediteranée research center. A forum to allow the direct exchange with companies will be set up.
Doctoral schools (ED-STIC and SFA) will give credits for participating at MOMI2020. Check it here!
Registration: Follow this link (Deadline: 01 March 2020).
We look forward to seeing you at MOMI2020!